Mallyx and Friends [OhNo]
Welcome to Mallyx and Friends [OhNo]
Welcome to Mallyx and Friends [OhNo]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Supa Fly

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Can't wait for Guild Wars 2
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» LF a spare account with a high lvl toon in pre
Jolenar's application EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:35 am by mariavazquez

» Doing Online High School Diploma
Jolenar's application EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:33 am by mariavazquez

» WTS Accounts
Jolenar's application EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:58 pm by Zhou Cruz

» Applications closed for the moment.
Jolenar's application EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:48 pm by Zhou Cruz

» acces to ohno
Jolenar's application EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 am by mafiafran

» Mystical's Services
Jolenar's application EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 am by mafiafran

» Hey all!
Jolenar's application EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 am by Haunted Dream

» Hard liqour and Red/Blue rocks
Jolenar's application EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:16 am by Zhou Cruz

» Eternal Shield/Blade
Jolenar's application EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:03 pm by Kbar

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 133 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:26 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Jolenar's application

Go down 
+15
laz [ToYs]
Glory blade
Nhoj Revrac
Noxious
skervyskalywag
Prey Monkie
Dwanya
Dogz
Countess Tera
Zhou Cruz
Strider [ToYs]
Warrior The Known
ajr2012
coil
jolenar
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Jolenar's application Empty
PostSubject: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:37 pm

IGN: Jolenar Darlstone
1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?
**PROVIDE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR GAME AGE ( /age )**
Jolenar's application Age

2. What characters do you currently have and which campaigns have they completed?
Ranger - all
Elementalist - all
Mesmer - NF, Proph, some progress in EotN
Assassin - EotN
Monk - EotN, some progress in NF
Dervish - Nightfall
and then 2 PvP slots

3. What pve skills do your main toons have and what are each toons PVE Rank. (Kurz/Lux/SS/LB/EotN)?
r8 Luxon
Ranger - has everything, r10 EotN, r8 LB and 10 SS
Elementalist - has everything, r5-6's EotN, r6 LB and r9 SS
Mesmer - has stuff needed for cryway, r7 LB, r9 SS, r0-2 EotN stuff
Assassin - has bare minimum stuff to do UWSC, r3-5's.
Monk - has most skills although ranks aren't good
Dervish - r6 LB and r8 SS. Hasn't been to EotN yet.

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?
**PROVIDE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR TITLES**
Jolenar's application Titles-1
I would say I'm most proud of Legendary Mastery of the North.

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?
Vent and mic yes; I don't really use a headset for GW though...

6. How did you hear a bout OhNo? Please include names if possible.
Thread from GuildWarsGuru, posted by WarriorTheKnown.

7. What do you want to get out of OhNo? And what can you bring to OhNo?
I would like a group of mature and intelligent gamers to play with, do SCs and elite areas. I can offer OhNo the same. I have experience with the game, I have a good game sense, and I'm good at designing builds and finding ways to overcome stuff. I am a fast learner and can pick up anything needed quickly. I'm kind of laid-back about these things but I also have a drive for efficiency and setting new records and such.

8. What other guilds have you been with (tags please)? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.
[aBn] 3 years (1 in GW), disbanded
[Arch] 6 months, left because I wanted more serious people to play with after I became more serious with the game.
[SNOW] ~5-6 months, left because of immaturity in some of the members and I was just getting bored of PvE
[Kisu] 4 months, left because I got bored of PvP
[SCAR] 3-4 months, left/kicked because I stopped playing GW. This was about 8 months ago. I logged in a few times since to do some random stuff and UWSC but nothing serious really since then.
and now I've decided to start playing GW again now that college applications and stuff are done.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.
My other hobbies include playing the piano, chess, fencing, science fiction, and starcraft. My interests are mathematics and particle physics.

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?
I've done all HM dungeons on my Ranger.
I've had experience in all areas of UWSC except vale with the pre-dhuum builds. Don't really know anything about new stuff going on though.
I've played VoR/ESurge/ERenewal for DoA.
And um, I've done ursanway for FoW.

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.
I'm 17. I'm from NJ, U.S., in the EST time zone. I usually play Saturday nights 8-11 PM EST and weekday afternoons 3-5 PM EST.

12. What are you going to do for OhNo and why you desrve a team spot.
I am going to make OhNo a contender for world domination. I deserve a team spot because I know how.

Last edited by jolenar on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coil
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 am

get your monk done with NF ...maybe add another profession to your portfolio for eotn. looks decent though.
Back to top Go down
ajr2012
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
ajr2012

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:56 am

finish nf on monk and \trial
Back to top Go down
Warrior The Known
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Mallyx is my Homeboy

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:27 am

finish NF on monk IMO, app looks good though, I'd take you on a trial as a VoR to see how ya do Smile
Back to top Go down
Strider [ToYs]
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Strider [ToYs]

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 am

+1 on all; /trial.
Back to top Go down
Zhou Cruz
Zhou Cruz

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:59 am

I like the app. You could really use a Rit, para or necro trough eotn for dungeons tho.. who cares for pvp slots? Wink Also monk trough nf for doa.
/trial
Back to top Go down
Countess Tera
Countess Tera

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 am

+2 on all / Trial
Back to top Go down
Dogz
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Dogz

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:22 am

Looks good . /trail
Back to top Go down
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:41 am

I can get my Monk through NF if needed, might take a while though; he's at Chantry of Secrets now.
Back to top Go down
Strider [ToYs]
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Strider [ToYs]

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 am

jolenar wrote:
I can get my Monk through NF if needed, might take a while though; he's at Chantry of Secrets now.

From there it takes like a day max xd
Back to top Go down
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 am

I might fall asleep at my computer trying to grind through boring PvE missions in a day t.t

Hmmm can I not run an Ether Renewal infuser or prot bonder in the meantime while my monk trudges through NF?

Last edited by jolenar on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dwanya
I 0wnz this forum
I 0wnz this forum
Dwanya

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 am

get warrior or rt and /trial
Back to top Go down
Prey Monkie
Prey Monkie

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Monk through nf + a rit/para through eotn / needed pve skilss /trial
Back to top Go down
coil
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm

jolenar wrote:

Hmmm can I not run an Ether Renewal infuser or prot bonder in the meantime while my monk trudges through NF?

the only place we use an emo bonder is UW. very very very rarely in dungeons.
Back to top Go down
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Um, I will get my Monk through NF and set up with proper skills and stuff, and I will get all needed PvE skills for other chars.
I will not be making new chars and taking them through EotN anytime soon though. Sorry. Unless I can find someone on guru willing to run campaigns for me.
I had a Warrior and Rit but they were extremely boring to play and got deleted.
Back to top Go down
skervyskalywag
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:16 pm

it takes like 5 hours to go through eotn slowly thats really not asking for much if you cant do that to get in your most likely not gonna do it after you join. out of all your chars you only have mes/sin that can get into doa which is technically only mes since you cant tank. for eotn you have a monk and sin which are only 2 spots out of 8 for most parties and easily filled
Back to top Go down
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Maybe I should've worded that differently.. By "anytime soon" I don't mean I'm not going to start now. I mean that I might not have my Rit EotN-ready until 3 weeks later; i.e. I'm not going to rush him through in one day. Yes maybe EotN only takes 5 hours and 3 hours to get there, but I'll probably only play him 2 hours a week at most.
Back to top Go down
Noxious
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:11 pm

Then you don't meet our character development criteria. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
coil
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:43 pm

Noxious wrote:

5 for dungeons and 2.5 for doa? and an intelligent sounding person?
Back to top Go down
Noxious
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:57 pm

coil wrote:
Noxious wrote:

5 for dungeons and 2.5 for doa? and an intelligent sounding person?

Just echoing what basically every person that's responded to this thread has said. and I don't count a ranger to be considered for EoTN since we never use them. Or Ele all that much for that matter. And unless we teach him to tank, that sin won't get much to do either.
Back to top Go down
skervyskalywag
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:07 am

coil none of them classes are useful how many times do you see ran/mes/ele/derv asked for in dungeons? hes prolly not gonna be active at all if it takes him 3 weeks to get a few hours of work done in the game. also i didnt wanna bring it up cause it was like a year ago maybe longer and people can change but he didnt LEAVE arch i kicked him because he was a prick back then. he was also kicked from scar for inactivity and nobody even knew who he was. marc or matt or john or anyone else from scar remember him at all? didnt think so. btw jole does my name look familiar yet ^^
Back to top Go down
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:26 am

Well if I had known all of these classes would be utterly useless in the future then i wouldn't have played them, believe me... when I started playing Ranger B/P was all the rage then. Now what... turns out that every single class I don't play (War, Rit, Necro, Para) comprises 6/8 of your speedclear teams. Wonderful, really.

Um, I clearly remember clicking "Leave my guild" in Arch. I was a prick though, I'll give you that.

And yes, I wasn't active in SCAR at all. It was spring of my junior year in HS; I didn't exactly have time to play this, especially if it meant committing to runs that took over an hour. I probably shouldn't have joined SCAR then; it was bad foresight on my part.
Back to top Go down
Noxious
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 am

Unfortunately that was the situation for most of us, as far as useful characters went. We adapted though, I personally got a rit and para made not long ago and rushed 'em through so I can join runs. Up to you, but as far as I'm concerned you need to get another char through (rit/para), both for our benefit and yours.
Back to top Go down
jolenar
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 am

I'm rushing my Monk atm; he's at Nundu Bay now.

I might start a Rit after.

edit... Ruins of Morah now.

Last edited by jolenar on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nhoj Revrac
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Nhoj Revrac

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Need a Para or Rit or Necro through EotN if you want a trial from me.
Back to top Go down
Glory blade
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA
Glory blade

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Nhoj Revrac wrote:
Need a Para or Rit or Necro through EotN.

/agree
Back to top Go down
laz [ToYs]
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Give the dude a chance. I say /trial and let him get his characters through with help of other members pushing characters through. As for all the shit about him being in scar and gettig kicked or w/e the heck y'all are talking about, everyone deserves a second chance.
Back to top Go down
coil
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 am

laz wrote:
Give the dude a chance. I say /trial and let him get his characters through with help of other members pushing characters through. As for all the shit about him being in scar and gettig kicked or w/e the heck y'all are talking about, everyone deserves a second chance.

^this.we cant say be tough on 1 guy and be kind to the next. there has to be fairness.

and skervy, a mes/ele/ranger can and have been part of our dungeon compositions. plus he can readily participate in doa.

im not sure why we are forcing some people to make a rit or para just cause thats the 1 character WE lack.
Back to top Go down
Kbar
I 0wnz this forum
I 0wnz this forum

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:29 am

imo, this guy deserves a trial.

we shouldn't force people to make rits and paras because we lack those. (agree w/ coil)

anyway trial this guy.
Back to top Go down
skervyskalywag
I rulez DoA
I rulez DoA

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 am

reroll options are nice we wouldnt be doin much if everyone in the guild only wanted to use a sin uhum kbar but sure give him a trial as vor in doa since thats about all he can run for most of our groups or perma/mo in a dungeon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jolenar's application   Jolenar's application Empty

Back to top Go down

Jolenar's application
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next